The SALA 2023 exhibition was opened by Deputy Mayor, Nathan Daniell of the Adelaide Hills Council . Nathan is an enthusiastic supporter of the arts, especially in the Adelaide Hills. He also shared his views on how important he believes that local government is to groups like TOTT, helping to enable artists to develop and exhibit their work.
The gallery displayed a variety of mixed media by the artists of Top of the Torrens Gallery, Birdwood. On display was:
- Wall art covering a myriad of subjects, styles & techniques;
- Timber creations ranging from intricate decorative sculpture, wearable art & home decorator items to furniture;
- Textiles to wear, keep you warm, decorate your home & more;
- Metal sculpture to enhance your home and garden;
- Glass, Ceramics & Jewelery to brighten & adorn your home, life, body & soul.
The following artists displayed their artworks during the SALA 2023 festival.
The SALA festival is a statewide festival of art that is Australia’s largest and most inclusive visual arts festival. It takes place in galleries and non-traditional arts spaces across South Australia annually, during the entire month of August.